The right team makes all
Meet Our People.
Don Johnston, Director, brings 15 years experience in process improvement to Getzler Henrich. A Master Black Belt with engineering and management backgrounds, he applies Lean principles and systems modeling to help clients increase capacity, speed performance, reduce operating cost, and improve quality. He has worked in manufacturing, maintenance, engineering, supply chain, and services operations in industries such as aerospace, automotive, distribution, apparel, and food. In addition to traditional process improvement and lean six sigma implementations, Don has applied advanced analytical techniques such as replenishment pull, genetic algorithms, Monte Carlo simulations, and discrete event modeling to optimize operations and reduce inventory. He has also served in interim management positions, including COO, for clients.
Select experiences include:
- Reliability-centered maintenance (RCM) analysis for major automotive manufacturer
- Work cell and assembly line design and optimization
- Machining, welding, and fabrication, including CNC and robotic systems
- Pull systems and Kanban systems to reduce inventory and increase production velocity
- Design-of-experiments (DOE) methods to optimize performance of machines and workstations
- Production planning and scheduling process stand-up
- Work control and prioritization systems optimization
Don holds a Mechanical Engineering degree from MIT and a Masters in Engineering Management from Florida Tech. He is a certified Master Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma and has trained hundreds of Black Belts and Green Belts on client sites.